The cost of living in the US is increasing daily owing to the everlasting growing prices of petrol and food products so it’s quite difficult to answer whether survival on $21 an hour is possible or not.💲💲
For some better evaluation, let’s first workout how much exactly does $21 per hour make in a year?💸💸
$21 an hour is how much a year?
Before you make a suitable financial plan,let us first do the math for just how much an hourly wage of $21 will make you in a day,a week, two weeks, 30 days and a year?
The following calculation will help you make a good budget plan for your spending .💲💰
- $21 an hour produces: ($21 * 8 hours) = $168 per day ✅
- $21 an hour produces: ($21* 40 hours) = $840 per week ✅
- $21 an hour produces: ($21 * 80 hours) = $1,680 biweekly ✅
- $21 an hour produces: ($21 * 2080 hours/ 12 months) = $3,640 per month ✅
- $21 an hour produces: ($3,640 * 12 months) = $43,680 per year ✅
Understand that the above five bullet points only highlight your gross income for different time periods, meaning that your actual income will be the one obtained by subtracting your taxes.💰💰
For an annual wage of $43,680 per year , your estimated tax rate will be 12 %. So, you will be minimizing about $5,241 as tax. 📜💲
So your annually received payment will be $38,438.💲💰
Is $21 per hour enough to live?🧐🧐
This is a question that is unanswerable without some extensive knowledge about living factors like your housing, residential area and lifestyle.
So before we answer the $21 dollar question,let us first dig deep into the necessary modern lifestyle factors.🧑💻🏠🧑💼
- Location – Your residential area largely affects your cost of living. The countryside in the US is much cheaper to live in compared to bigger cities and towns. This is mainly due to the modernity the cities and coastal areas offer in terms of living requirements.
- Lifestyle – Your lifestyle takes out a large toll on your income therefore it’s necessary to set your lifestyle midway between frugality and luxury if you plan on living on a low wage.
- Living Situation – It’s possible to survive on a low income if you share a room with roommates or live with your family or so.🏠🏠
How can you make more money if $21 an hour is not enough😥🤔
If $21 an hour doesn’t cut with your expenses then there are many ways you can earn some extra bucks to up your earnings.Here are a few:
1. Taking surveys🤑💻
Making extra dough is quite easy if you have a laptop, good quality Wifi and a few hours free from your day. There are countless websites on the web offering to pay you good money for filling out surveys. Some are as below:
- Inbox Dollars💲💲
You might question why these online sites are willing to pay you money for filling out simple questions, well it’s mainly because these sites have mutual agreements with multiple companies which require customer reviews about their products for leading the market..💷🤑
Let’s checkout the top three survey for earning some good dough :💸💸
Survey Junkie is a secured and an easy to use site for making a few bucks by filling out company surveys. The website allows thousands of consumers to fill out surveys and thus give response to multinational companies related to their products 💻
The surveys are well-oriented and easily understandable. You as a consumer are offered wide range options from shot one minute surveys to an hour long ones. 🤑
Payment is received with ease on survey junkie as it possesses multiple paying options including Paypal, gift cards and bank transfer.
The next money-making survey site on this list is Inbox Dollars. Founded in the year 2000, Inbox Dollars is a survey & task completion site which has paid its consumers up to $80M so far.
So, how do you start earning on this site? It’s easy, first you sign up for an account and then you make your pick from the wide range of tasks on the site all at your own convenience . Multiple tasks include filling out questionnaires, video gaming,writing products reviews and more.🎮📃
- You can receive $5 just by signing up.✋💶
- You pocket $1 to $5 for every task.
- You collect your earning through a variety of earning options such as Paypal, gift cards and visa.🏦🎁
Probably the most famous survey-site on this list is Swagbucks. Swagbucks like no other site offers you money for watching videos, participating in surveys, filling questionnaires and for joining focus groups.
You pocket a $5 bonus simply by joining the crew. You receive points for accomplishing a variety of tasks on swagbucks which you can exchange for money or use them to get discount vouchers for various company products associated with it.
2. Playing games🎯🎮
Gaming is another easy and leisurely way of making money . There are a ton of online gaming sites where you can battle it out against other players for huge cash rewards. You could also make money by live streaming your gameplay through twitch and Youtube. 🎯🎮
Below are a few sites where you can collect some bucks through gaming:
Bingo Cash is an authentic game for making actual money if you are a gamer.. The app is available both on android and iphone and has millions of gamers earning from it. All you need is a Paypal account, a device for installation and some available hours and you are good to pocket $83 dollars on every win.
You can compete in tournaments or match digits with bingo cards and win.
Another gaming site to receive money for your gaming skills is swagbucks. Other than collecting free $5 on enrolling on, swagbucks offers multiple a broad variety of games from hard blackjack to harvest land farming.
3. Browsing the web – Earn free BAT crypto🪙🪙
You have probably heard of Brave, a fast and secure web browser with an internal ad-blocker for youtube and other sites. But did you know that you can obtain BAT crypto just by spending some time on Brave?
All you need to do is quickly download the Brave browser , and search through websites randomly and brave will add points in your wallet for your time on each website.💳
4. Reading emails📨
You can even make money on sites just by reading emails. Yes, it’s true. A few of the sites that provide you this opportunity are InboxDollars, SwagBucks and QuickRewards. These websites are associated with brands who pay consumers for just viewing emails..📩
Although the emails you receive on these sites include winnings and vouchers , you just need to read them to receive your payment.
You obtain your payments via Paypal and Gift cards.💝🎁
Is $21 an hour good?🤔🤔
Is $21 an hour a good wage? Well, in comparison to the average wage of $16 in the US, $21 is a good amount to live on comfortably and to even open a pension account.✅
However, if you have a family in need of financial support, $21 an hour would be hard to survive on.
Tips to living on $21 an hour🤔💡
Living on $21 dollars an hour might seem tedious and difficult in the beginning but once you understand the ins and outs of how to manage your expenses on it, you will surely be able to lead a comfortable life on it. Below are some points to consider if you want to life on $21 per hour:
- Find an inexpensive location for housing if you live in a costly area. Take your time with this step, it’s definitely worth it.
- Learn to cook and eat out only on special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries.🍲🥙
- Take a minimalistic approach when it comes to your spending, buy only the necessary stuff.🛍
- .Make monthly budget plans and follow it to the extreme.
- Take on weekend-job or work online to add extra credit to you income.🤝
- Focus on working for higher-pay even if it means working for extra hours.
- Divide your budget in accordance with the 50/20/30 rule by Sen- Elizabeth Warren. The rule says:✍️💻
- Your main expenses should be dealt with by half of your income. 📊📊
- 20% of your budget should go to paying debts.
- The remaining 30% goes to your various payments.💸💸
- You can also adopt the Dave Ramsey’s budget and split the wage in accordance to the following:
- Housing 25%🌍🏠
- Insurance 10 – 25%
- Food, giving, savings 10% each🥞
- Health and utilities 5 – 10%🏥
- Transportation 10%🚗
- Entertainment, personal spending, and miscellaneous 5 – 10% each🏖️
- Start a garage sale for stuff that you don’t need.✅
- Find cheap alternatives for your costly hobbies and interests.⛹️🏊
Now that you some good info on how much you can pocket annually on $21 hourly pay rate, you can formulate your budget and minimize your expenses accordingly. 💲
However, with some planning and budgeting, you can make the most of what you have.
While dividing your budget based on you loans, debts, medical expenses and taxes,you can also increase it month by month by working on side jobs.🧑💼💻
In addition to that, living on $21 dollars an hour is definitely possible!✅
You may also like
$26 an Hour Is How Much a Year? Can I Live On It?
$27 an Hour Is How Much a Year? Can I Live On It?
$28 an Hour Is How Much a Year? Can I Live On It?